CARE Network Medical ECHO Series - October 2021
This training will provide medical CARE Network designated providers with evidence-based guidelines for care and improve both access and quality of care for patients. Providers will have the opportunity to learn new referral processes and system-based protocols for working with other family-serving agencies, such as social services, law enforcement and the courts. A major goal of the ECHO sessions will be to promote interdisciplinary practice and collaboration among systems. Sessions will also include case presentations and discussion.
October's session will focus on radiology and general child abuse imaging with Dr. Angie L. Miller.
CARE Network Medical Designated Providers
- Discuss appropriate imaging evaluation in suspected abuse cases
- Review classic imaging findings associated with non-accidental trauma
- Discuss importance of recognizing intraabdominal injuries
- Participants will self-report increased knowledge of how to perform evidence-based high-quality medical exams and behavioral health assessments using standard guidelines.
- Participants will self-report increased knowledge related to collaborating with non-medical professionals working on multidisciplinary teams to address child maltreatment.
Presentation: Core Review NAT Imaging.pptx
Angie L. Miller, MD
Assistant Professor, Pediatric Radiology
Children’s Hospital Colorado
Continuing Medical Education: Children's Hospital Colorado is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Children's Hospital Colorado designates this other activity (Internet Live Course) for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Professional Development: Children’s Hospital Colorado is approved as provider of nursing continuing professional development by Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This educational activity for 1.0 nursing contact hour is provided by Children’s Hospital Colorado.
Others: A general certificate of attendance is provided.
Registration, attendance and completion of the evaluation are required to obtain continuing education credit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 NCPD