Heidi McNeely, Children's Hospital Colorado Drug Diversion Prevention Officer, will discuss non-medical substance use among healthcare professionals and associated stigma from the perspective of treatment providers.
Heidi McNeely, MSN, RN, PCNS-BC
Drug Diversion Prevention Officer
Children's Hospital Colorado
- Share findings from a scoping review on the influence of policies on non-medical substance use associated stigma.
- Discuss barriers and facilitators to accessing treatment, being in recovery, and returning to work for healthcare professionals with non-medical substance use in Colorado.
- Explore the role of stigma, as perceived by substance use treatment providers, for healthcare professionals with non-medical substance use.
- Review the implications of findings from this body of work with advanced practice providers for consideration of how it may impact their professional practice, themselves, or their peers.
Disclosure for Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
At the start of the session, learners must report attendance by texting the SMS code below to Continuing Education at 720-790-4423 or on your desktop via https://ce.childrenscolorado.org/code
SMS CODE: LEXVAN
This learning session is being offered virtual via Teams or in MT Columbia. Teams Link is provided upon registration.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.00 Attendance
- 1.00 NCPD