CARE Network Medical ECHO Series - June 2022
This training will provide medical CARE Network designated providers with evidence-based guidelines for care and improve both access and quality of care for patients. Providers will have the opportunity to learn new referral processes and system-based protocols for working with other family-serving agencies, such as social services, law enforcement and the courts. A major goal of the ECHO sessions will be to promote interdisciplinary practice and collaboration among systems. Sessions will also include case presentations and discussion.
June's session will focus on Pediatric Traumatic Stress Care Model
with Amanda Bird Gilmartin, MD.
Brochure: June CARE Network.pdf
CARE Network Medical Designated Providers
- Examine what trauma is and why it is important
- Review the Pediatric Traumatic Stress Care Process Model
- Illustrate how you can utilize the second level suicide screener, the Columbia, when suicide risk is identified with the care process model
- Explore data on dual screening for depression and trauma especially in adolescents
- Identify some helpful in-office interventions based on the patient’s response to the pediatric traumatic stress screener
- Explore pharmacologic sleep interventions when trauma is related to the sleep disturbance
After attending this event, participants will self-report increased knowledge of how to perform evidence-based high-quality medical exams and behavioral health assessments using standard guidelines. Participants will also report increased knowledge related to collaborating with non-medical professionals working on multidisciplinary teams to address child maltreatment.
Amanda Bird Gilmartin, MD
Assistant Professor | Assistant Clinical Medical Director |
Child Health Clinic | Department of Pediatrics
Children’s Hospital Colorado
Continuing Medical Education: Children's Hospital Colorado is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Children's Hospital Colorado designates this other activity (Internet Live Course) for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Professional Development: Children’s Hospital Colorado is approved as provider of nursing continuing professional development by Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This educational activity for 1.0 nursing contact hour is provided by Children’s Hospital Colorado.
Others: A general certificate of attendance is provided.
Registration, attendance and completion of the evaluation are required to obtain continuing education credit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 NCPD