CARE Network Medical ECHO Series - June 2023
A Trichy Case & Let's Talk About Bias
This training will provide medical CARE Network designated providers with evidence-based guidelines for care and improve both access and quality of care for patients.
CARE Network Medical Designated Providers
- Review testing options for trichomonas.
- Discuss need for STI testing in prepubertal children based on history and findings.
- Understand the sources of pervasive inequities in healthcare.
- Identify strategies to mitigate impact of bias as a healthcare provider.
- Participants will self-report increased knowledge of how to perform evidence-based high quality medical exams and behavioral health assessments using standard guidelines.
- Participants will self-report increased knowledge related to collaborating with non-medical professionals working on multidisciplinary teams to address child maltreatment.
The CARE Network Medical ECHO Series is hosted virtually.
Kelly Finnegan, MD
Child Abuse Medicine Fellow
Children's Hospital Colorado
Michelle Davis, MS, LPC, ORSC
PCC Assistant Professor
Director of Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
University of Colorado
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Children’s Hospital Colorado is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children’s Hospital Colorado designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Children’s Hospital Colorado is approved with distinction as provider of nursing continuing professional development by Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This educational activity for 1.0 nursing contact hour is provided by Children’s Hospital Colorado.
A general certificate of attendance will be available after the completion of the online evaluation. Claim only credit commensurate of your conference attendance.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 NCPD