CARE Network Medical ECHO Series - November 2023
Foster Care Health: Overview and Special Considerations
This training will provide medical CARE Network designated providers with evidence-based guidelines for care and improve both access and quality of care for patients.
CARE Network Medical Designated Providers to include FNEs and other registered nurses trained in the care of child maltreatment.
- Describe evidence-based, best practice standards for CARE Network patient assessments.
- Integrate behavioral health and family psychosocial factors into CARE Network patient assessments.
- Identify strategies for improved collaboration between multidisciplinary professionals working to address child maltreatment.
- Participants will self-report increased knowledge of how to perform evidence-based high quality medical exams and behavioral health assessments using standard guidelines.
- Participants will self-report increased knowledge related to collaborating with non-medical professionals working on multidisciplinary teams to address child maltreatment.
The CARE Network Medical ECHO Series is hosted virtually.
Amanda Bird Gilmartin, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Medical Director of the KICS Clinic
Associate Clinical Medical Director of Child Health Clinic
Children's Hospital Colorado
Elizabeth Gutierrez, BSN, RN, FNE/SANE
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Children’s Hospital Colorado is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children’s Hospital Colorado designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Children’s Hospital Colorado is approved with distinction as provider of nursing continuing professional development by Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This educational activity for 1.0 nursing contact hour is provided by Children’s Hospital Colorado.
A general certificate of attendance will be available after the completion of the online evaluation. Claim only credit commensurate of your conference attendance.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 NCPD