Colorado Pediatric Trauma Conference 2021
The Colorado Pediatric Trauma conference provides education for state-of-the-art care of the pediatric trauma patient.
This program will be of interest to physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, respiratory therapists, EMS providers and aeromedical personnel.
- Discuss pediatric-specific patient assessment and various pediatric responses to trauma.
- Define situations where health care providers may need to look for sustainable efforts to maintain resiliency.
- Apply knowledge of pathophysiology of trauma to a case-study highlighting an integrated multidisciplinary approach to the complex care of a multiply injured pediatric patient.
Learners will self-report expanded knowledge of pertinent clinical conditions related to trauma pathophysiology and care of the traumatically injured pediatric patient through evidence-based and case-based presentations.
Providers - $60 All Others: $25
|Colorado Pediatric Trauma Conference
|Thursday, November 18, 2021 (all times are in Mountain Time)
|Sign-in and Welcome
|Musculoskeletal Manifestations of Child Physical Abuse
|Brian Shaw, MD
|Pupillometry: The Future of the Objective Neuro Exam
|Heather Hammett, MSN, RN, CPN, CNRN
|Pediatric Burn Care
|Angela Drelles, MSN, RN, CPNP
|Universal Screening for Non-Accidental Trauma in the Emergency Department
|David Listman, MD
|Implementation of a Screening Tool to Identify Children at Risk for Posttraumatic Stress Symptoms Following Admission for Traumatic Injury
|Marina Reppucci, MD
|Tourniquet Use in Children
|Joseph R. (Bob) Kelly, MD
|Trauma Video Review: Improving Your Trauma Activations One Frame at a Time
|Kathleen Adelgais, MD, MPH
Ricka Sterner, MS, RN
|Trauma Case Study:
Perspectives on Care of a Patient Following a Complex ATV Injury
|Multidisciplinary Trauma Team
|John Bealer, MD
|Cognitive Load and the Impact on Wellness
|Lalit Bajaj, MD
|Evaluation and Adjourn
This will be a VIRTUAL conference hosted by Children's Hospital Colorado.
Registrants will receive a ZOOM link to join the conference.
Kathleen Adelgais, MD MPH
Lalit Bajaj, MD, MPH
John Bealer, MD
Devin Devlin, MS, CCLS
Mike Dichiaro, MD
Angela Drelles, RN, MSN, CPNP
Brooke French, MD, FACS
Heather Pauline Hammett, MSN, RN, CPN, CNRN
Todd C. Hankinson, MD
J. David Ingram, MD
Patrick Joynt, MD
Lisa Justis, LCSW, CTS
Joseph R. “Bob” Kelly, MD
David Listman, MD
Ricka Messer, MD/PhD
Steve Moulton, MD
Marina Reppucci, MD
Christopher M. Ruzas, MD
Mary Saunders, MD
Brian A. Shaw, MD
Ricka Sterner, MS, RN
Children’s Hospital Colorado is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children’s Hospital Colorado designates this Other activity (Internet Live Course) for a maximum of 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Children’s Hospital Colorado is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This education activity for 6.50 nursing contact hours is provided by Children’s Hospital Colorado.
A general certificate of attendance will be available for all other care providers.
Criteria for Successful Completion:
Registration, attendance, sign-in and submission of the evaluation, including a written response to questions related to any change in practice that you may make as a result of learning that took place at this activity, are required for successful completion and receipt of the certificate of attendance. Claim only those hours you attend.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.50 Attendance
- 6.50 NCPD
- Enroll in the conference.
- On conference day, 30 minutes before the conference start time, you will be given an Attendance Code to text of enter on your computer.
- Shortly after submitting the Attendance Code, you will receive the link to complete the online evaluation.
- Completion of the evaluation to required to obtain Continuing Education (CE) credit.
- You may use the link in the email or you may use the Course Progress screen to access the evaluation.
Cancellation Policy: The Planning Committee reserves the right to alter the agenda or cancel the conference in the event of an unforeseen circumstance, or if the minimum registration is not attained by November 1, 2021 with a full refund to participants.
- All cancellations must be received in writing at email@example.com. Please include the name of the conference you are cancelling.
- Individuals who fail to sign in with the Activity Code (no-shows) will not receive a refund. Forfeited fees may not be applied to any other activity.
Internet Connection with Audio and Webcam