Fetal Echocardiography Preceptorship Program
Congenital heart disease (CHD) is the most common congenital defect and has the highest mortality of any congenital defect within the first year of life. Recognizing CHD before
birth can improve both prenatal and postnatal outcomes. Certain pregnancies are known to be at high risk for CHD, yet most fetal cardiac defects occur in low risk pregnancies.
Thus, one way to improve the outcome of fetal CHD is to improve prenatal detection of CHD in both high and low risk pregnancies.
Health care providers interested in improving their skills in the diagnosis, treatment and understanding of fetal cardiac anomalies including: Obstetrical
sonographers and fetal echocardiography sonographers, obstetrical care providers, and fetal cardiologists.
• Identify components of the basic fetal echocardiogram
• Describe the use of Doppler in the fetal cardiac evaluation
• Identify abnormal pulsed and color Doppler finding
• Improve ultrasound image optimization
• Interpret normal and abnormal fetal echocardiograms
• Recognize and describe the normal 3 vessel view
• Describe how to identify ductal dependent fetal cardiac anomalies
• Describe different types of pulmonary and systemic venous anomalies
• Define the techniques to evaluate fetal rhythm
Virtual lectures, demonstrations and live scanning demonstration.
Full progam.pdf is posted on the Overview Tab.
Lisa Howley, MD
Pediatric Cardiologist, Children’s Heart Clinic
Director, Fetal Cardiology Program
Scientific Director of CVCC research, The Children’s Heart Clinic/Children’s Minnesota Midwest Fetal Care Center
Bettina Cuneo, MD
Director of Perinatal Cardiology and Fetal Medicine, Children’s Hospital Colorado Heart Institute and the Colorado Institute for Maternal & Fetal Health
Professor of Pediatrics and Obstetrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine
Medical: Children’s Hospital Colorado is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Children’s Hospital Colorado designates this Other activity (Internet Live Course) for a maximum of 11.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other: A general certificate of attendance will be available with completion of the evaluation.
- 11.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 11.25 Attendance