Guidance For Platelet and Plasma Transfusions in Critically Ill Children
The BloodNet Education Conference Series is an educational event offered periodically throughout 2022. Each session will explore specialized topics in the field of hematology, featuring talks and discussions from leading pediatric critical care, transfusion medicine and hematology experts.
The target audience for this series includes physicians, fellows and healthcare providers who have an interest in pediatric critical care and hematology.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss hematologic laboratory testing and how testing guides platelet and plasma product transfusions
- Evaluate the evidence-based clinical approach to platelet and plasma replacement in pediatrics and introduce the TAXI-CAB (Transfusion and Anemia eXpert Initiative - Control/Avoidance of Bleeding) process
- Discuss platelet and plasma transfusions for specific patient groups, such as trauma, ecmo, cardiopulmonary bypass, cancer, sepsis, DIC and others
- Appraise research priorities in this field and describe implementation strategies for this knowledge
Introductions and Program Overview
|Overview of TAXI-CAB|
Marianne Nellis, Cornell University
|1:30pm||Laboratory Testing Guiding Platelet and Plasma Transfusions|
Meghan Delaney, Children's National Hospital
|1:50pm||Plasma and Platelet Transfusion Strategies For Specific Groups|
Rob Russell, University of Alabama
Jill Cholette, University of Rochester
Marisa Tucci, University of Montreal
Lani Lieberman, University of Toronto
|2:30pm||Research Priorities and TAXI-CAB Implementation|
Ken Remy, Cleveland Medical Center
Question & Answer
Evaluation Overview & Adjourn
Hosted by: Michele Loi, MD, Marianne Nellis, MD, MS and Cassandra Josephson, MD
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Children’s Hospital Colorado is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children’s Hospital Colorado designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A general certificate of attendance will be available after the completion of the online evaluation. Claim only credit commensurate of your conference attendance.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 Attendance