Presented by Children's Hospital Colorado
- Identify the key changes in the 2023 American Academy of Pediatric guidelines for treatment of pediatric obesity.
- List recommendations for comorbidity assessment in pediatric obesity.
- Know when consideration of pharmacotherapy and/or bariatric surgery is warranted in pediatric obesity treatment.
- Recognize the most common operations and perioperative pathway used for pediatric bariatric surgery.
Megan Kelsey, MD
Professor of Pediatrics, Section of Endocrinology
Medical Director of Lifestyle Medicine and of Adolescent Bariatric Surgery
Children's Hospital Colorado
Megan Kelsey, MD, speaker for this activity, is a site principal investigator for Rhythm Pharmaceuticals and a site sub-investigator for Eli Lily Pharmaceuticals.
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed have been mitigated.
Accreditation: Children’s Hospital Colorado is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children’s Hospital Colorado designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance